US STOCKS-Futures rise, S&P's all-time intraday high in view
* S&P 500 looking to reach all-time intraday high
* Verizon/AT&T may make breakup bid for Vodafone: report
* Factory orders, durable goods data both on tap
* Futures up: Dow 36 pts, S&P 6.9 pts, Nasdaq 9.5 pts
By Ryan Vlastelica
NEW YORK, April 2 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures rose on Tuesday, pointing to a rebound from the previous session and tracking a rise in European equities.
* The gain implied by futures puts the S&P 500 again within striking distance of its all-time intraday high of 1,576.09, an important psychological level for investors.
* But moves may be limited for much of this this week in the absence of major catalysts before the closely watched U.S. monthly payrolls report on Friday. Last week, the benchmark index set a new all-time closing high after flirting with one for several sessions.
* Telecom shares will be on focus after the Financial Times' Alphaville blog wrote that Verizon Communications and AT&T have been working together on a breakup bid for British mobile operator Vodafone . Continued...