US STOCKS-Futures flat ahead of U.S. data flurry
* Research in Motion falls after downgrade
* PPI, Empire State data on tap
* France enters shallow recession
* Futures: Dow up 8 pts, S&P off 0.2 pt, Nasdaq up 1 pt
By Chuck Mikolajczak
NEW YORK, May 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Wednesday, indicating the S&P 500 may hold near its most recent record high, ahead of data on inflation and manufacturing.
* Both the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500 rallied to a fresh record high on Tuesday, buoyed by gains in large-cap shares on investor expectations central bank stimulus measures will continue to support further gains.
* The S&P 500 is up 15.7 percent for the year while the Dow has jumped 16.1 percent.
* Economic data expected at 8:30 a.m. includes the producer price index for April. Economists in a Reuters survey forecast a 0.6 percent drop, a repeat of the drop in March. Excluding volatile food and energy items, PPI is expected to rise 0.1 percent versus with a 0.2 percent increase in March. Continued...