US STOCKS-Wall Street slips as consumer shares, homebuilders fall
* Homebuilder Pulte falls as interest rates rise
* Retail sales rise less than expected in July
* Ackman resigns from board of J.C. Penney, shares fall
* Orbitz shares tumble as major shareholder cuts stake
* Dow down 0.37 pct, S&P 500 down 0.25 pct, Nasdaq down 0.31 percent
By Havovi Cooper
NEW YORK, Aug 13 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks fell modestly on Tuesday, pulled lower by consumer stocks, particularly homebuilders, in another day of light trading volume.
The homebuilder stocks came under pressure as government bond rates rose, making mortgages less affordable.
PulteGroup Inc was the biggest loser among consumer discretionary stocks, falling 3.5 percent to $15.17 a share. Lennar Corp fell 2.7 percent to $32.12. Continued...