UPDATE 1-New products, cold boost Canada Nov retail sales
* Retail sales +0.6 pct; excluding autos +0.4 pct
* Forecast +0.2 pct overall; +0.3 pct ex-autos
* Weather, new products had greater effect than Black Friday
* Auto sales, electronics lead advance
* Fourth increase in retail sales in five months
OTTAWA, Jan 23 (Reuters) - Cold weather and the release of new electronic products helped boost Canadian retail sales by a greater-than-expected 0.6 percent in November, more than erasing a 0.1 percent dip in October, Statistics Canada said on Thursday.
Analysts had expected a seasonally adjusted gain of only 0.2 percent overall and 0.3 percent excluding motor vehicle and parts dealers. The latter category gained 0.4 percent.
Sales in volume terms were even greater, 0.8 percent, signaling lower prices.