CANADA STOCKS-TSX may open higher; corporate earnings eyed
Feb 6 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index pointed to a higher open on Thursday on the latest round of corporate earnings.
* General Motors Co posted a weaker-than-expected fourth-quarter profit as results in North America, Asia and South America disappointed.
* Canaccord Genuity reported a stronger than expected 78 percent rise in quarterly profit on Wednesday, helped by higher revenue at its European division and by lower expenses.
* BCE Inc posted a 17 percent rise in adjusted quarterly profit, helped by strong growth in its media wing and ongoing strength in wireless.
* MEG Energy Corp slipped deeper into the red in the fourth quarter due to an unrealized foreign exchange loss on the conversion of its U.S. dollar-denominated debt as the Canadian dollar weakened.
* Credit Suisse missed expectations with a marginal uptick in fourth-quarter net profit after increased legal costs arising from U.S. probes into alleged tax evasion and the sale of mortgage-backed bonds.MARKET SNAPSHOT
* Canada stock futures traded up 0.57 percent
* U.S. stock futures , , were up around 0.33 percent to 0.45 percent Continued...