UPDATE 2-Aerospace drop pulls down Canada factory sales in December
* Sales fall 0.9 pct vs estimate of 0.1 percent rise
* Volume down 1.9 percent, biggest fall in 12 months
* Aerospace the biggest factor, falling 19.4 percent
* November gain revised to 0.5 percent from 1.0 percent
* New orders up 4.5 percent; unfilled orders up 4.2 percent
By Randall Palmer
OTTAWA, Feb 14 (Reuters) - A decline in the volatile aerospace sector led Canadian factory sales to a 0.9 percent fall in value in December from the month before, lending weight to the view that the economy may have shrunk modestly in the last month of the year.
The Statistics Canada data on Friday also showed that the volume of sales fell by an even greater 1.9 percent in December, the biggest fall in 12 months.
In a positive sign for future business, however, the level of new orders rose by 4.5 percent, and unfilled orders by 4.2 percent. Continued...