UPDATE 3-Canada's TMX posts profit, first results post-takeover
* To focus on integration of Alpha and CDS, paying down debt
* Still looking at possible acquisitions
* Alpha to continue to operate as marketplace, but not listing venue
* TMX to cut 100 jobs over next 12 months
* Posts adjusted Q3 EPS of C$0.67 per share
By Solarina Ho
TORONTO, Nov 9 (Reuters) - Canada's TMX Group Ltd will focus on paying down C$1.5 billion ($1.50 billion) in loans, even as it looks for chances to expand its business through acquisitions, the operator of the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) said on Friday.
TMX reported a third-quarter profit in its first quarterly statement since it was taken over by a consortium of major Canadian financial institutions, but said earnings were hurt by a slowdown in capital markets activity and uncertain macroeconomic conditions.
"It's been generally a tough summer across the exchange landscape," said Ed Ditmire, an analyst with Macquarie Research. Continued...