RPT-UPDATE 3-VMware to buy mobile security firm AirWatch for $1.54 bln
* VMware 4th-qtr, 1st-qtr revenue forecast beats analysts' estimates
* AirWatch to add $75 mln rev in 2014; add to adj profit in late 2015
* Deal a threat to BlackBerry: analysts
* Competitors could look for acquisitions also: analysts
* VMware shares rise 2.5 pct
By Soham Chatterjee and Neha Alawadhi
Jan 22 (Reuters) - Cloud software maker VMware Inc said it would buy privately held mobile security company AirWatch for $1.54 billion to tap into rising demand from companies to secure the smartphones and tablets used by employees.
While some analysts view the deal as a threat to BlackBerry Ltd , which has long been the go-to for companies looking for security products, others say the deal could spur more acquisitions in the mobile security market. Continued...