UPDATE 2-Aviation, fitness sales drive Garmin profit; shares jump
* Q4 adj profit $0.76/shr vs est $0.62/shr
* Q4 rev $759.7 mln vs est $712.8 mln
* Sees 2014 adj profit $2.50-$2.60/shr vs est $2.56/shr
* Sees 2014 rev $2.6-$2.7 bln vs est $2.58 bln
* Shares rise as much as 12 pct (Adds analyst comment; updates shares)
By Soham Chatterjee
Feb 19 (Reuters) - Garmin Ltd handily beat quarterly profit estimates and forecast a strong 2014 as sales of GPS-based fitness, aviation and outdoor products more than made up for shrinking sales of personal navigation devices, a market it once dominated.
Garmin shares jumped as much as 12 percent to $52.72 - their highest in six years. The stock, however, is still a far cry from the high of $124 it hit in 2007, when personal navigation devices were high in demand and featured on most year-end gifting lists.
Garmin said on Wednesday it expects revenue to grow 10-15 percent from businesses other than its personal navigation device unit, where revenue is expected to fall 10-15 percent. Continued...