CORRECTED-China investigates cause of blasts at Tianjin port, firms assess damage
(Corrects name of meteorological organisation sent to the scene, removes erroneous reference to IAEA, paragraph 5)
* At least 12 firefighters among 50 killed
* Warehouse stored toxic chemicals and gas
* Many foreign firms sustain largely minor damage to facilities
* Blasts hit iron ore deliveries, tanker operations
* President says those responsible to be "severely handled"
By Sui-Lee Wee and Adam Rose
TIANJIN, China, Aug 14 (Reuters) - Investigators searched for clues on Friday to identify what caused two huge explosions at a warehouse used to store toxic chemicals and gas at a busy port in northeast China, as foreign and local companies assessed the damage to their operations.
The blasts in the city of Tianjin on Wednesday night killed at least 50 people, including a dozen fire fighters, state media said. About 700 people were injured, 71 seriously. Continued...