UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan. 29
(Adds company news, updates futures)
Jan 29 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures were up 1.2 percent at 0734 GMT, ahead of the cash market open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index fell 1 percent at 5,931.78 points by the close on Thursday, weighed down by Ashtead Group Plc and travel stocks hit by rising oil prices.
* SKY: Sky said James Murdoch, son of founder Rupert Murdoch, would rejoin as chairman as the European pay TV group reported a better-than-expected 12 percent rise in profit after signing up record numbers of new customers.
* AG BARR: AG Barr, the maker of Irn-Bru and Rubicon fizzy drinks, said it expected fourth-quarter revenue growth in excess of 2.5 percent after a robust performance in the period.
* ROLLS-ROYCE: Rolls-Royce Holdings PLC's Chief Executive will on Friday announce job cuts from his 2,000 strong senior manager team, the Financial Times reported.
* BHP BILLITON: The Canadian arm of mining giant BHP Billiton has signed a letter of intent to help fund exploration at Aston Bay Holdings Ltd's Storm copper project, Aston Bay said on Thursday.
* TULLETT PREBON: British interdealer broker Tullett Prebon Plc said underlying operating profit margins were expected to be higher than previously thought, indicating a pickup in the company's core business. Continued...