CORRECTED-Tweetwars: the social challenge in Twitter 'capital', Indonesia
(Corrects in 6th paragraph to say Twitter, not Facebook, recently acquired Periscope)
* Indonesia has Twitter's top Internet user penetration rate
* But number of active users is falling - data
* Younger users see it more as a news feed for older people ...
* ... and are switching to rival, less public, chat apps
* Twitter says Indonesia has great potential, still a top mkt
By Jeremy Wagstaff
Feb 12 (Reuters) - Indonesia has long been the Twitter capital of the world, but rival apps and rancorous political debate are driving users away, illustrating the challenges the microblogging service faces even in markets once considered strongholds.
While Twitter doesn't break down country figures, Global Web Index data shows Indonesia remains joint first with Mexico in active users among the 34 countries the UK-based metrics company monitors - and significantly ahead in terms of penetration, at 74 percent of all Internet users. Continued...