UPDATE 4-BlackRock nabs Canada pension chief Wiseman for senior role
* Wiseman to take up BlackRock role in September
* Wiseman will lead BlackRock's stock-picking team
* Wiseman said prospect of succeeding Fink not factor
* CPPIB's global head Mark Machin to become CEO
* Machin says strategy to remain unchanged (Adds comment from Wiseman, Machin)
By Matt Scuffham and Trevor Hunnicutt
TORONTO/NEW YORK, May 19 (Reuters) - BlackRock Inc, the world's largest asset manager, has recruited the head of Canada's biggest public pension fund to become the top executive overseeing its stock-picking operations.
Wiseman, 45, who has transformed the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) into one of the world's most active dealmakers over the past four years, will step down next month and become head of BlackRock's global active equity business in September. Wiseman will be replaced by Mark Machin, the head of CPPIB's international operations.
Wiseman will become a member of BlackRock's Global Executive Committee, an exclusive club of fewer than two-dozen senior deputies to BlackRock Chief Executive Larry Fink and President Rob Kapito. Continued...