UPDATE 2-Coinstar sees first quarter hit by movie slowdown
* First-quarter core EPS from continuing ops seen at $0.77-$0.92 vs est $1.21
* Forecasts first-quarter revenue $568 mln-$593 mln vs est $624.2 mln
* Fourth-quarter core EPS from cont ops $0.93 vs est $0.73
* Fourth-quarter revenue $564.1 mln vs est $580.2 mln
* Shares fall 8.6 percent in after-market trade
By Sruthi Ramakrishnan
Feb 7 (Reuters) - Coinstar Inc, the operator of Redbox video rental kiosks, forecast current-quarter results significantly below analysts' estimates due to a slower movie release schedule, sending its shares down nearly 9 percent in extended trading.
After reporting lower-than-expected fourth-quarter revenue, Coinstar said it expected earnings from continuing operations of 77 cents to 92 cents per share for the first quarter on revenue of $568 million to $593 million.
Analysts on average were expecting earnings of $1.21 per share on revenue of $624.2 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. Continued...