CANADA STOCKS-TSX may open higher; China, euro zone data support
Aug 1 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index futures pointed to a higher open on Thursday as positive data from China and euro zone hinted at improving global growth.
* Suncor Energy Inc posted a second-quarter profit that missed analyst expectations by a penny as earnings were affected by factors including the precautionary shutdown of third-party pipelines due to flooding in northern Alberta.
* Aircraft and train maker Bombardier Inc reported a 22 percent rise in second-quarter profit, helped mainly by growth in its train business.
* Barrick Gold Corp posted a second-quarter loss, hit by a massive $8.7 billion impairment charge resulting from declining metal prices, and cut its dividend by 75 percent.
* Enbridge Inc, Canada's largest pipeline company, reported a 12 percent rise in second-quarter adjusted profit due to higher contracted volumes.
* Pharmacy benefit manager Catamaran Corp said it would buy privately held Restat LLC for $409.5 million to expand its client base.
* Yamana Gold reported a loss in the second quarter, hit by lower realized commodity prices, and it reduced its production target for the year to reflect a drop in metal prices and cost-cutting. Continued...