UPDATE 2-China's Jiangxi Copper interested in Glencore's Peru mine-sources
* Jiangxi already has existing operations in Peru
* Jiangxi seen likely to team up with Chinalco, MMG
* Magris Resources also interested in Glencore mine -source
* Limited interest from other global copper miners -sources
* Glencore keen to close the deal before year end
By Denny Thomas and Polly Yam
HONG KONG, Aug 23 (Reuters) - Jiangxi Copper Co Ltd has joined a list of potential Chinese suitors interested in buying Glencore Xstrata Plc's $5 billion-plus Las Bambas copper mine in Peru, underscoring the Chinese government's desire to plug a shortage in supply.
Glencore's sale of the mine comes at an opportune time for China, which is the world's top importer of copper concentrate but produces only about a third of the amount it needs, according to recent production data.
Jiangxi, China's biggest copper producer, may eventually team up with either Chinalco Mining Corp International or MMG Ltd, which are also evaluating bids for the mine, one of several sources said. All three might team up together, the source said. Continued...