RPT-Glencore seen reluctant to step up asset sales to include top mines
(Repeats with link to graphic)
* Sale of whole ags unit could reap $10-12 bln-UBS
* Asset sales tough amid depressed commodity markets
* Owns top copper mines in Chile, Peru
* FACTBOX of Glencore assets:
* Graphic of assets map: link.reuters.com/vej75w
By Eric Onstad and Olivia Kumwenda-Mtambo
LONDON/JOHANNESBURG, Sept 29 (Reuters) - Debt-laden Glencore may unload all its agricultural assets instead of just a stake, analysts said, but the commodity group is unlikely to expand its divestment programme to include top mines.
Selling assets is one prong of a wider strategy by the Swiss-based trader and miner to cut about a third of its $30 billion debt and to regain the trust of investors after its shares tumbled by about three quarters this year to record lows amid weak global commodity prices. Continued...