UPDATE 2-Generali's BSI lures Brazilian, Chinese bidders-sources
* Safra, Chinese bank, European tandem bid for BSI-sources
* Two out of three non-binding bids exceed EUR 2 bln-source
* Swiss rivals not appealed by BSI so far-sources
* Japanese, Middle Eastern players reviewing bids-source
* Private equity players could join race-sources
By Sophie Sassard
LONDON, Jan 18 (Reuters) - Brazilian-Swiss bank Safra and a Chinese bank are among the three bidders for Generali SpA's Swiss private bank, BSI, in a deal worth 2 billion euros ($2.66 billion) that could help the Italian insurer shore up capital levels, two people familiar with the situation said on Friday.
The Italian insurer, led by new CEO Mario Greco, aims to raise 4 billion euros ($5.3 billion) from asset sales to meet new industry rules on capital buffers. Continued...