WRAPUP 8-Algeria accuses Canadian, puts hostage toll at 38
* Algerian PM: 38 dead civilians, 29 militants killed
* Dead Canadian named as "Chedad" coordinated attack -PM
* Of hostages, 37 foreigners killed; five more still missing
* Three Islamist assailants taken into custody
* Japanese, Filipinos, British, Norwegians among the dead
By Lamine Chikhi
ALGIERS, Jan 21 (Reuters) - Algeria said on Monday it had confirmed the deaths of at least 38 workers, all but one foreign, at the Sahara gas plant its forces stormed two days ago and said the Islamist gunmen had been led by a man with Canadian citizenship.
Named only as Chedad, a surname found among Arabs in North Africa, the Canadian was among 29 assailants from a local al Qaeda group killed during the four-day siege, Algerian Prime Minister Abdelmalek Sellal said. Another three were detained. Continued...