WRAPUP 1-Algeria vows to fight Qaeda after 38 workers killed
* Algerian PM: 38 dead civilians, 29 militants killed
* Dead Canadian named as "Chedad" coordinated attack -PM
* Of hostages, 37 foreigners killed; five more still missing
* Three Islamist assailants taken into custody
* Japanese, Filipinos, Britons, Norwegians, Americans dead
By Lamine Chikhi
ALGIERS, Jan 22 (Reuters) - Algeria's prime minister accused a Canadian of coordinating last week's raid on a desert gas plant and, praising the storming of the complex where 38 mostly foreign hostages were killed, he pledged to resist the rise of Islamists in the Sahara.
Algeria will never succumb to terrorism or allow al Qaeda to establish "Sahelistan", an Afghan-style power base in arid northwest Africa, Abdelmalek Sellal told a news conference in Algiers where he also said at least 37 foreign hostages died.
"There is clear political will," the prime minister said. Continued...