UPDATE 2-Lower North Sea output dampens Talisman Energy outlook
* Expects 2013 output at lower end of 375,000-395,000 boepd
* Cash flow of $2.1-$2.3 bln for 2013 vs prior view of $2.5 bln
* Second-quarter loss, excluding items, $0.03/shr vs est $0.00
* Cash flow falls more than 34 pct
* Production declines 17 percent
* Norway properties put up for sale
CALGARY, Alberta, July 31 (Reuters) - Talisman Energy Inc posted a surprise second-quarter loss on Wednesday on weak production from its North Sea operations as added its Norwegian oil fields to the list of properties it has up for sale.
The company, Canada's No.5 independent oil producer, said it has opened a data room for potential buyers of its assets in Norway's North Sea, which produce 13,000 barrels of oil per day, adding to current plans to sell stakes in two Canadian shale-gas fields and its stake in Colombia's Ocensa pipeline.
"We had a number of interested parties come to the data room, Hal Kvisle, Talisman's chief executive, said on a conference call. "Initial interest is strong. There's a number of interesting attributes to our Norway business over and above the production volumes." Continued...