UPDATE 2-Airbus promises to limit development risks
* Airbus CEO says to focus on in-production jets after A350
* Says A380 very close to breakeven in 2015
* Says more chance of A320 output hike than cut
* EADS strategy chief says won't chase growth at any cost
* Shares build on Wednesday's gains, up 0.5 pct
By Tim Hepher
PARIS, Dec 12 (Reuters) - European aerospace group EADS pledged to shun risky investments and new aircraft programmes for at least a decade as it promised investors a smoother ride under its Airbus brand in the wake of earlier development problems.
The head of its Airbus planemaking division, Fabrice Bregier, said it had stabilised production problems on the Airbus A380 superjumbo and the A400M military airlifter which had caused the company significant headaches in recent years.
He also told investors that flight testing and development of its latest aircraft, the A350, were progressing well ahead of the first delivery planned in the fourth quarter of 2014. Continued...