UPDATE 1-India's SpiceJet to choose between Airbus and Boeing for plane order
* To decide between Airbus A320 NEO and Boeing 737 Max -chairman
* SpiceJet will choose single manufacturer
* Hopes to make order by end-March
* Also in talks to buy about a further 50 smaller planes
* These could be from Bombardier, ATR or Embraer (Adds details, quotes)
By Matt Smith
DUBAI, Nov 29 (Reuters) - India's SpiceJet is in talks with Boeing and Airbus to buy more than 150 planes, the airline's chairman said on Sunday, predicting he would decide which manufacturer to place the order with by the end of March 2016.
Such an investment would cap a remarkable turnaround for India's second-biggest budget airline by market share, which came close to collapse late last year after running out of cash.
Co-founder Ajay Singh subsequently bought back into the airline, acquiring a controlling stake. SpiceJet has reported profits in the past three quarters, having made losses in the five preceding quarters. Continued...