BRIEF-Bank of Canada's Schembri sees soft landing in housing
June 25 (Reuters) - The following are some remarks from Bank of Canada Deputy Governor Lawrence Schembri during an audience question and answer session following a speech in Windsor.
* Bank of Canada's Schembri: commodity prices and the U.S. dollar help determine value of C$
* Schembri: commodity prices are relatively stable, U.S. recovery should provide support for oil prices
* Schembri: expects Greek authorities will recognize the Greek people want to stay in the euro zone, and will act accordingly
* Schembri: flexible exchange rate has enabled Canadian economy to adjust to the oil price shock
* Schembri: over time expect as Canadian economy strengthens, interest rates start moving up and that will cause soft landing in housing market
Further coverage: (Reporting By Leah Schnurr)
© Thomson Reuters 2016 All rights reserved.