BRIEF-Bank of Canada Governor Poloz opening statement
July 15 (Reuters) - BoC's Poloz: U.S. and Canadian economies less likely to be synchronized than in past, because Canada is dealing with terms of-trade shock
* Bank of Canada's Poloz says potential U.S. interest rate liftoff would be welcome as would show more positive U.S. outlook
* BoC's Poloz: various factors have moved bank of Canada out of "neutral" zone in its risk management framework
* BoC's Poloz: Canada could just as easily reach full capacity and inflation target sooner rather than later than projected
* BoC's Poloz: expects any rise in global bond yields to be at least partly imported into canada, with possible implications for C$
* BoC's Poloz: positives in the canadian economy "have been slow to emerge, but we can see them working"
* BoC's Poloz: expects positive trends to begin to outweigh negatives from the resource sector during the next few months
Source text: (here)
Further Bank of Canada coverage: (Reporting by Randall Palmer and Leah Schnurr; Editing by Jeffrey Hodgson)
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.