BRIEF-New Canada finance minister speaks in Ottawa
Nov 20 (Reuters) - Canada Deputy Finance Minister Rochon: not unusual to adjust private not unusual to adjust private-sector forecasts for govt outlook, oil price continued to fall since private-sector survey in oct
* Canada's Finance Minister Morneau: consensus at G20 this was a challenging time for economy
* Canada's Morneau: fiscal update serves as starting point for Liberal budget for 2016
* Canada's Morneau: it is not possible to cut our way to prosperity
* Canada's Morneau cites need for balance between fiscal responsibility and the government's campaign promises
* Canada's Morneau, asked if government will exceed planned deficits of up to c$10 billion, says "that's a good question"
* Canada's Morneau: we intend on keeping our election commitments
* Canada's Morneau: worse economic outlook reinforces need for spending plan promised by liberals
* Canada's Morneau: too soon to say whether would go over C$10 billion deficit Continued...