BRIEF-Dassault ready to offer Rafale to Canada, hopes India deal this yr
Oct 22 (Reuters) - Dassault Aviation CEO Eric Trappier briefing French aerospace journalists:
* Wrote to Canada PM-elect Trudeau to congratulate and offering Rafale if F-35 no longer considered
* Waiting for new Silvercrest enngine schedule from Safran before first flight of Falcon 5X, originally scheduled for summer 2015 then Sept/Oct
* Thales returning gradually to good margins, Dassault is shareholder for long term
* US businesss jet market recovering, China market flat
* Hopes to sign India Rafale deaal by end-year Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Tim Hepher)
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.