1 Min Read
TORONTO (Reuters) - Police in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia released three people without charge late on Tuesday after determining they were not involved in threats that prompted a Halifax-area shopping mall to close.
An investigation to determine the source and legitimacy of the threats will continue, Halifax regional police said in a brief statement. The Mic Mac Mall in Dartmouth reopened with an increased security presence on Wednesday.
The threats come just weeks after an alleged mass shooting plot in Halifax was foiled.
Last month, Halifax police said they had disrupted a plot in which at least two people planned to commit a mass shooting in Halifax on Valentine's Day.
Those suspects, a Canadian man and American woman, are being held pending a court appearance on March 6. A third man linked to that plot was found dead at a house in Halifax.
Reporting by Alastair Sharp; Editing by Leslie Adler and Andrew Hay