Martin Scorsese documentary on Bill Clinton shelved: NY Times
(Reuters) - A documentary on former President Bill Clinton by veteran director Martin Scorsese has been indefinitely shelved after the sides disagreed on control of the film, the New York Times reported on Thursday.
The Times, citing unnamed people advised on the project, reported that the partially completed film stalled after Clinton demanded more direction over the interview questions and the final product.
Reuters could not independently verify the report. Representatives for Scorsese and Clinton did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
The Times reported that Clinton spokesman Matt McKenna said claims that the film had been suspended over the disputes were "inaccurate" without providing further detail.
The paper also reported that a spokesman for HBO, which backed the documentary, said, "It's not happening soon but that doesn't mean it's not going to happen."
Representatives for HBO did not immediately return requests for comment.
HBO said last month that it had ordered a television series from Scorsese, Mick Jagger and "Boardwalk Empire" creator Terence Winter that would focus on the world of rock and roll in 1970s New York.
Scorsese is best known for directing critically lauded films such as mob drama "Goodfellas" and most recently the acerbic comedy "The Wolf of Wall Street". He won a best director Oscar in 2007 for "The Departed."
(Reporting by Curtis Skinner in San Francisco; Editing by Nick Macfie)
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.