TV show on hold as Kim Kardashian leaves New York after robbery

Thu Oct 6, 2016 8:11pm EDT
Email This Article |
Share This Article
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
| Print This Article | Single Page
[-] Text [+]

By Jill Serjeant

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Production on the TV reality show "Keeping up with the Kardashians" is on hold, the E! Network said on Thursday, just days after the show's star, Kim Kardashian, was robbed at gunpoint in Paris.

"Kim's well-being is our core focus right now. No decision has been made as to when production will resume," a spokeswoman for the network, which broadcasts the show, said in a statement.

Flanked by multiple security guards, Kardashian and her family on Thursday left their Manhattan apartment, where they have been closeted since she returned from Paris.

News video and photos showed Kardashian, 35, her face partly hidden by a hoodie and baseball cap, getting into a car with her two young children and rapper husband Kanye West.

It was the first time Kardashian had been seen since returning to New York after masked robbers held a gun to her head and stole some $10 million worth of jewelry in Paris early Monday morning.

Celebrity website TMZ and magazine Us Weekly reported on Thursday that a badly shaken Kardashian was taking about a month's break from work.

The Kardashian family was not filming for their reality show at the time of the robbery, the spokeswoman for the E! Network said.

Kardashian's personal bodyguard, Pascal Duvier, who was protecting Kardashian's sisters at a nightclub at the time of the robbery, was among a handful of security staff keeping media at bay and helping stash suitcases into waiting cars on Thursday. The family were thought to be heading to their Southern California home.   Continued...

Kim Kardashian attends Harper's Bazaar's celebration of 'ICONS By Carine Roitfeld' at The Plaza Hotel during New York Fashion Week in Manhattan, New York, U.S., September 9, 2016.  REUTERS/Andrew Kelly - RTSN2R2