2 Min Read
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A judge on Friday dismissed charges against singer Rod Stewart's son Sean, who was accused of assault and vandalism outside a house in the Hollywood Hills last year, according to court documents.
Stewart, 27, had been accused of throwing a brick at a couple in a car outside a house party in April 2007. After an investigation, he was arrested in June and charged with two counts of assault, one count of vandalism and one count of throwing a substance at a vehicle.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Stephen Marcus agreed to dismiss all of the charges after prosecutors said they were "unable to proceed," court documents showed.
Stewart had pleaded not guilty. No further details were disclosed.
Celebrity news Web site TMZ.com said Stewart spoke politely with the prosecutor, shook hands and left the courtroom.
In addition to being the son of a major singing star, Sean Stewart starred in and produced the cable television show "Sons of Hollywood" in 2006.
(Editing by Dan Whitcomb and John O'Callaghan)
please visit our entertainment blog via www.reuters.com or on blogs.reuters.com/fanfare/