That's Showbuzz! Highlights of US celeb magazines
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Here is a round-up of this week's U.S. celebrity magazines People, Life and Style, Us Weekly and In Touch Weekly. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
TOP STORY-THE AFTERMATH OF BRITNEY SPEARS' POLICE STANDOFF
- Days before Britney Spears was rushed to the hospital after a standoff with police on Jan 4 over her two young sons, a suicide note was found at her home. According to an insider the 26-year-old pop star left the note on her bathroom counter. "The letter was very sad," a friend said. "It was filled with reasons why she shouldn't live, and included lines from poems about death" - IN TOUCH
- Kevin Federline's friends are sticking up for his parenting abilities after he was awarded sole custody of his children with pop star Britney Spears. "It makes me furious when people say, 'Oh, great -- he's taking responsibility,"' said a friend of the dancer. "He's always been a great father. He's been there in every way for all of his kids"- PEOPLE
OTHER TOP STORIES
- The wife of comedian Tracy Morgan has filed for divorce. The couple has been married for 22 years - IN TOUCH
- Actor Sean Bean canceled his London marriage (his fourth) a day before the wedding was scheduled to be held. It will be rescheduled - US WEEKLY
- Television personality Andy Baldwin has been shipped off to the Middle East. The Navy doctor is scheduled to spend the next few months there before returning to his duties in Hawaii in March. "Andy is proud to serve his country," a friend said. "His life as a celebrity comes second to his dedication to the Navy" - IN TOUCH
- Actress Jessica Alba has purchased a $4 million, four-bedroom, 4,686-square-foot home in Beverly Hills. The Italian villa includes a pool with a waterfall on the grounds - Continued...