Zsa Zsa Gabor's hospital release delayed

Sat Aug 7, 2010 8:28pm EDT
 
Email This Article |
Share This Article
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
| Print This Article
[-] Text [+]

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor, who is in her 90s, was not released from the hospital as expected on Saturday because she went into shock, her publicist said.

Publicist John Blanchette said doctors wanted to keep Hungarian-born Gabor, who has been hospitalized since a mid-July fall at her Bel-Air home, in the hospital for at least another day.

Gabor went into shock at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center Saturday morning, Blanchette said.

It was not immediately clear what caused Gabor to go into shock, but the actress has suffered from various problems since breaking her hip, including having a bad reaction to morphine.

Gabor is the last of the three glamorous Gabor sisters, all of whom had careers in show business. Gabor starred in such films as "Moulin Rouge," "Lili" and "Touch of Evil."

 
<p>Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor remained in serious condition over the weekend at a Los Angeles hospital after a car crash last week, according to reports December 2, 2002. REUTERS/Fred Prouser/files</p>