Take That's Williams, Barlow reunite for charity
LONDON (Reuters) - Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow performed live together for the first time in 15 years on Sunday, singing their new single "Shame" at a charity concert in London to raise money for British soldiers.
The pair were members of the chart-topping boy band Take That before Williams walked out in 1995 to pursue a solo career.
The 36-year-old enjoyed initial success, but his fortunes have waned in recent years while Take That, which reformed without Williams in 2005, has flourished.
"It's been 15 years in the making," Williams told the crowd of around 55,000 people at Twickenham Stadium, including Queen Elizabeth's grandson Prince Harry, who has served in Afghanistan with British forces.
"My wife calls him my boyfriend, I call him my captain, to you, Mr. Gary Barlow," he added, as his former bandmate took to the stage for a duet which ended years of speculation in the British media and among fans.
Williams said last month that he and Take That planned a tour in 2011, although the reunion is expected to be temporary.
Williams closed the concert with a rendition of his hit "Angels."
The event was held to raise money for the Help for Heroes charity, which supports soldiers who have been wounded in action.
Among the other highlights on the night was Spanish star Enrique Iglesias singing "Hero," with the crowd providing the chorus as darkness fell. James Blunt, Katherine Jenkins and Plan B were among the other acts to perform.
(Reporting by Mike Collett-White)
© Thomson Reuters 2016 All rights reserved.