MTV cancels "The City" after two seasons
By Leslie Bruce
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - After months of speculation, MTV confirmed Monday that it canceled its Whitney Port reality series "The City" after two seasons.
"'The City' will not be returning to MTV for season three," an MTV spokesperson said. "Whitney has been a part of our family for many years and we wish her and the cast the best, and hope to collaborate with them again."
Port indicated earlier in the day that the show had ended, telling Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS-FM radio show, "As of right now it doesn't really look like we're doing it anymore."
Port, who also works as a fashion designer, already had plans to move on. "I'm working on some other things," she told Seacrest. "It's OK -- one door closes and another opens."
Her New York City-based vehicle was a spin-off from "The Hills," which was one of the network's highest-rated reality shows of all time. It developed a stable viewership, but failed to perform as well as its juggernaut predecessor. Port's former "Hills" co-star Lauren Conrad has already begun taping her second MTV series.
© Thomson Reuters 2016 All rights reserved.