Charlie Sheen sues porn star, claims extortion
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "Two and a Half Men" star Charlie Sheen on Monday sued a porn actress, saying she tried to extort $1 million from him by claiming he threatened and assaulted her in a New York hotel room earlier this year.
The lawsuit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, came on the same day Capri Anderson was interviewed on television news show "Good Morning America" and said she would sue Sheen in civil court, claiming he had falsely imprisoned her.
The claims and counterclaims stem from an October incident in which Sheen was found by police drunk and incoherent inside a damaged suite in New York City's Plaza Hotel. But he was not arrested and no criminal charges were filed against him.
Sheen was hospitalized and released, and his spokesman has said he had a bad allergic reaction to medication.
Anderson has painted a different picture. She told "Good Morning America" she was promised $3500 to make a "dinner appearance" with Sheen at a New York restaurant. She said the 45-year-old actor became increasingly intoxicated at the restaurant and spoke in a "vulgar" way.
When they returned to the hotel, she claimed Sheen snorted a "white powdery substance," before she -- initially, willingly -- began to have "a little bit of romance".
Anderson accused the Hollywood actor of grabbing her around the neck and throwing things at her, and said she locked herself in a bathroom and called a friend for help.
But in his lawsuit, Sheen claims Anderson, whose real name is Christina Walsh, "fabricated a sensational tale about being assaulted, battered and held against her will, and used that fictional story as a basis for an extortion plot" against him.
He claims the two spent a consensual night together, then she "decided that this was her chance to become rich and famous," according to the lawsuit, a copy of which was posted on celebrity news website TMZ.com. Continued...