Charlie Sheen back in rehab, TV show on hold
By Jill Serjeant
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "Two and A Half Men" actor Charlie Sheen checked into rehab again on Friday, causing production on his top-rated TV comedy to shut down for the second time in a year.
A day after being hospitalized following reports of a 36-hour drug and drink-fueled party at his home, Sheen, 45, "voluntarily entered an undisclosed rehabilitation center", his spokesman Stan Rosenfield said.
"He is most grateful to all who have expressed their concern," Rosenfield said, adding that Sheen had asked for privacy and that no additional information will be provided.
It is the actor's third stint in rehab in 12 months.
Broadcaster CBS, and Warner Bros. Television, which makes the show, said production on "Two and A Half Men" -- the No. 1-rated TV comedy in the United States -- was temporarily suspended as a result.
"We are profoundly concerned for his health and well-being, and support his decision," they said in a statement.
Sheen, the highest paid actor on U.S. television, was rushed to a hospital with severe abdominal pains on Thursday. He left that night and was earlier said to be planning a return to the set of his TV show next Tuesday. But those plans changed.
It was not clear on Friday how long Sheen would remain in rehab but a typical stay is 28 days. A Warner Bros. spokesman said 16 of the 24 scheduled episodes for the TV season ending in May 2011 had been taped, with 8 remaining to be filmed. Continued...