Keith Olbermann headed to Current TV: Report
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Former MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann will announce his new job during a media conference call on Tuesday.
The New York Times, citing sources familiar with the former "Countdown" host's plans, said he is headed to former Vice President Al Gore's Current TV.
The parties declined to comment to the paper, which noted that "they did not deny that the channel ... will become at least one partner in Mr. Olbermann's future media plans."
Olbermann's publicist said in a statement earlier that Olbermann and "his new partners will make an exciting announcement regarding the next chapter of his remarkable career" during an 8 a.m. PST call.
Olbermann announced last month on air that he had resigned as host of Countdown following a frayed relationship with the network; he was briefly suspended in November for making political campaign contributions.
Since leaving the network he has left cryptic messages on his Twitter page such as "Watch this Space."
© Thomson Reuters 2016 All rights reserved.