Charlie Sheen says ready to return to TV sitcom

Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:29pm EST
 
Email This Article |
Share This Article
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
| Print This Article | Single Page
[-] Text [+]

By Alex Dobuzinskis

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "Two and a Half Men" star Charlie Sheen said in an interview on Monday that he is ready to return to work on the sitcom, after he took a break to deal with his drug problems.

"We are on forced hiatus," the actor with a history of drug and alcohol abuse told the Dan Patrick Television Show on DirecTV.

"They said, 'You get ready and we'll get ready.' And I got ready and went back and nobody's there. I don't know what to tell you ... I'm here and I'm ready. They're not. Bring it, you know?" the actor said in the DirecTV interview.

Sheen, the highest paid actor on U.S. television and the star of its top-rated comedy "Two and a Half Men," forced production to be suspended last month when he began a drug rehab program, after being hospitalized following a wild party at his home.

A spokesman for Sheen said on February 3 that the actor expected to return to work at the end of this month.

In his interview on Monday, Sheen seemed less certain about his return date to CBS Corp's "Two and a Half Men," which was suspended with eight episodes still to be shot.

"I believe August of 2014 at this pace," Sheen joked about his expected return to the set.

"I don't know, it's supposed to be the 28th or the 29th. That's what it is! It's the 29th of the non-leap year."   Continued...