Factbox: The 138th annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The wire fox terrier was named "best in show" at the prestigious 138th annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show in New York on Tuesday night. Four group winners were named Monday, with three more on Tuesday.
* The win marks the 14th time the wire fox terrier has won best in show, more than any other breed since the show was first staged in 1877.
* A Portuguese water dog named Matisse won the working group for the second straight year.
* An Irish water spaniel was named the best in the sporting group, the seventh time the breed has won the group.
* Monday's judging featured four groups - herding, non-sporting, toy and hound dogs.
* The herding group winner was a Cardigan Welsh corgi, out of 26 breeds in that group.
* The standard poodle was the non-sporting group winner, out of 20 breeds.
* The miniature pinscher was the toy group winner, besting 22 other dogs in the group.
* The bloodhound was Monday's first winner over 30 other breeds in the hound group. Continued...