FACTBOX: Celebrity brushes with law and their punishments
(Reuters) - Former Culture Club frontman Boy George was sentenced on Friday to 15 months in jail after being found guilty by a London court last month of falsely imprisoning Norwegian male escort Audun Carlsen.
His lawyers said he is actually likely to spend six to seven months behind bars.
Following are some recent sentences for celebrities who have run afoul of the law.
* NAOMI CAMPBELL, British supermodel, sentenced to 200 hours community service in June, 2008, after pleading guilty to assaulting two police officers during an expletive-filled "air rage" incident.
* PETE DOHERTY, British rocker, walked out of prison in May, 2008, after serving 29 days of a 14-week sentence for breaching the terms of his probation.
* LINDSAY LOHAN, U.S. actress, spent 84 minutes behind bars in November, 2007, for a drunken driving and cocaine-possession conviction.
* NICOLE RICHIE, U.S. actress, spent around 80 minutes in jail in August, 2007, for driving under the influence of drugs. The sentence was to have been four days long.
* PARIS HILTON, U.S. hotel heiress, served just over 22 days in detention in June, 2007, for violating probation in a drunken-driving case.
* NAOMI CAMPBELL spent five days community service mopping floors and cleaning toilets at a New York garbage depot in March, 2007, after pleading guilty to assaulting a housekeeper. Continued...