LOS ANGELES (Reuters Life!) - Want to blow your guests away with the music at your wedding? Hire the Rolling Stones who are bound to make a big impression on your family and friends -- as well as on your bank manager.
The veteran British band has topped a list of the 12 most expensive music acts to perform at weddings that was compiled by Britain's Living TV. They charge about US$8 million to perform but only agree to private shows if they are already on tour.
Here is the list of the world's 12 most expensive wedding acts as compiled by Living TV, a unit of Virgin Media Television. Reuters has not endorsed this list.
1. Rolling Stones
2. Elton John is the second most expensive, charging over $2 million for private performances although all earnings from his private concerts go to his charity, the Elton John AIDS Foundation
2. Australian pop star Kylie Minogue also charges about $2 million
3. U.S. singer Christine Aguilera charges up to $2 million
4. British pop star George Michael charges almost $2 million
5. Britain's troubled rehab star Amy Winehouse charges about $1.5 million
6. Beatles legend Paul McCartney is the same price as Amy Winehouse
7. Winner of Britain's "X Factor" TV show Leona Lewis -- add her to the $1.5 million list
8. U.S. star Jennifer Lopez -- ditto
9. American crooner Barry Manilow sings to the tune of $1 million
10. Rod Stewart charges just under $1 million
12. Duran Duran charges under just under $1 million.
Editing by Bob Tourtellotte