FACTBOX: Key facts about Michael Jackson
(Reuters) - Michael Jackson movie "This Is It", compiled of rehearsal footage for a planned series of comeback concerts, opened in Los Angeles on Tuesday four months after his sudden death. Following are some key facts about Jackson's life and career and death.
* Jackson was born on August 29, 1958, in Gary, Indiana, the seventh of nine children. Five Jackson boys -- Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Michael -- first performed together at a talent show when Michael was 6.
* Their group later became The Jackson 5. Jackson made his first solo album in 1972.
* Jackson released "Thriller" in 1982, which went on to become the biggest-selling album of all time with an estimated 50 million copies sold worldwide.
* The next year, he unveiled his signature "moonwalk" dance on a 1983 Motown anniversary TV special.
* Jackson won 13 Grammy Awards and was twice inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. His lifetime sales tally is believed to be about 750 million records.
* Jackson died in Los Angeles on June 25, three weeks before he was to begin a sold-out series of 50 comeback concerts in London. Continued...