March 16, 2010 / 2:14 PM / 8 years ago

Love in a cold climate lethal for Russian couple

MOSCOW (Reuters Life!) - A Russian couple having sex in a car parked in a tiny garage have died from carbon monoxide poisoning, Interfax news agency reported on Tuesday.

“A man and a woman retreated to their Volkswagen to have sex... Most likely the lovers turned on the engine to get warm,” Interfax reported, citing a source in the Moscow police force.

During a moment of “intimate closeness”, the pair, in southern Moscow, inhaled the gas and died, the source added.

Many Russians keep their cars in box-like iron garages near their homes, which snugly encase their cars.

Reporting by Amie Ferris-Rotman, editing by Paul Casciato

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below