Factbox: Recent notable European royal weddings
Here are some details about some notable recent weddings of European royalty in the last few years:
* Former Prince Nicholas, the second son of Greece's former King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie, married Tatiana Blatnik, a 29-year-old event planner for fashion designer Diane von Furstenberg in August 2010 on the Greek island of Spetses.
* The first royal marriage since Swedish King Carl XVI Gustav married Silvia Sommerlath in 1976 took place in June 2010. Crown Princess Victoria married Daniel Westling, a former fitness instructor turned gym owner.
* Prince Jean of France, Duke of Vendome married Philomena de Tornos in a religious ceremony at the cathedral in Senlis, France, in May 2009. The couple were already married in a civil ceremony in Paris in March 2009.
Prince Jean is the son of Henri Philippe, Count of Paris and claimant to the French throne from the House of Orleans.
* Denmark's Prince Joachim, the second son of Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik of Denmark, tied the knot with French-born Marie Cavallier at a small-town ceremony in the country's south in May 2008. This was Joachim's second marriage.
* Spain's Crown Prince Felipe married ex-TV anchorwoman Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano in May 2004 in a traditional Roman Catholic ceremony presided over by the archbishop of Madrid, Cardinal Antonio Maria Rouco Varela.
© Thomson Reuters 2016 All rights reserved.