(Reuters) - Britain's Prince William and his girlfriend Kate Middleton are to get married on April 29 in London's Westminster Abbey.
Here are some details about some notable recent weddings of European royalty in the last few years:
* Former Prince Nicholas, the second son of Greece's former King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie, married Tatiana Blatnik, a 29-year-old event planner for fashion designer Diane von Furstenberg in August 2010 on the Greek island of Spetses.
* The first royal marriage since Swedish King Carl XVI Gustav married Silvia Sommerlath in 1976 took place in June 2010. Crown Princess Victoria married Daniel Westling, a former fitness instructor turned gym owner.
* Prince Jean of France, Duke of Vendome married Philomena de Tornos in a religious ceremony at the cathedral in Senlis, France, in May 2009. The couple were already married in a civil ceremony in Paris in March 2009.
-- Prince Jean is the son of Henri Philippe, Count of Paris and claimant to the French throne from the House of Orleans.
* Denmark's Prince Joachim, the second son of Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik of Denmark, tied the knot with French-born Marie Cavallier at a small-town ceremony in the country's south in May 2008. This was Joachim's second marriage.
* Spain's Crown Prince Felipe married ex-TV anchorwoman Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano in May 2004 in a traditional Roman Catholic ceremony presided over by the archbishop of Madrid, Cardinal Antonio Maria Rouco Varela.
Writing by David Cutler, London Editorial Reference Unit;