Factbox-Athletics-Boston Marathon winner Geoffrey Mutai
(Reuters) - Factbox on Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai, who won the Boston Marathon in a world best time of two hours three minutes and two seconds on Monday.
* Born October 7, 1981
* Previous personal best time was two hours four minutes and 55 seconds in last year's Rotterdam Marathon where he finished second.
* Was the second fastest marathoner in the world in 2010, his sub two hours and five minutes run in Rotterdam solidifying his place as one of the fastest marathoners of all time.
* Also came second in the 2010 Berlin Marathon, clocking 2:05:10.
* Is a twice winner of the Eindhoven Marathon, in 2008 and 2009.
* Made his marathon debut in 2007.
* Mutai is the oldest of nine children and was born in the Koibatek District in the Rift Valley Province.
Source: Boston Marathon website (raceday.baa.org/)
(Compiled by Tom Pilcher in London, Editing by Frank Pingue)
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.