3 Min Read
(Reuters) - Former Culture Club frontman Boy George was sentenced on Friday to 15 months in jail after being found guilty by a London court last month of falsely imprisoning Norwegian male escort Audun Carlsen.
His lawyers said he is actually likely to spend six to seven months behind bars.
Following are some recent sentences for celebrities who have run afoul of the law.
* NAOMI CAMPBELL, British supermodel, sentenced to 200 hours community service in June, 2008, after pleading guilty to assaulting two police officers during an expletive-filled "air rage" incident.
* PETE DOHERTY, British rocker, walked out of prison in May, 2008, after serving 29 days of a 14-week sentence for breaching the terms of his probation.
* LINDSAY LOHAN, U.S. actress, spent 84 minutes behind bars in November, 2007, for a drunken driving and cocaine-possession conviction.
* NICOLE RICHIE, U.S. actress, spent around 80 minutes in jail in August, 2007, for driving under the influence of drugs. The sentence was to have been four days long.
* PARIS HILTON, U.S. hotel heiress, served just over 22 days in detention in June, 2007, for violating probation in a drunken-driving case.
* NAOMI CAMPBELL spent five days community service mopping floors and cleaning toilets at a New York garbage depot in March, 2007, after pleading guilty to assaulting a housekeeper.
* MEL GIBSON, actor/director, sentenced to three years probation, one-year mandatory alcohol-rehabilitation program for a July, 2006 drunken-driving conviction.
* BOY GEORGE sentenced to five days community service in 2006 sweeping streets in New York for falsely reporting a burglary.
* SNOOP DOGG, rapper, got a three-year suspended jail sentence and 800 hours community service for 2006 gun and drug-possession charges.
* MARTHA STEWART, home and lifestyle guru, served five months in prison for lying to investigators about a stock trade.
* COURTNEY LOVE, singer, got three years probation and six months mandatory drug rehabilitation for various drug and assault charges in 2005.
* OMAR SHARIF, Egyptian-born actor, given two years probation and anger-management counselling for 2005 assault on a Beverly Hills parking attendant.
* NICK NOLTE, actor, was given three years probation and 90 days drug rehabilitation for driving under influence of drugs in 2002.
* LIL'KIM, rapper, served 10 months in prison for perjury in case of 2001 rival rapper shootout.
* WINONA RYDER, actress, got three years probation and 480 hours community service for 2001 Beverly Hills shoplifting case.
* ROBERT DOWNEY Jr., actor, served one year in prison in 1999 for cocaine possession.