LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Hollywood star George Clooney's latest movie "Up In The Air" garnered five Oscar nominations on Tuesday but there is one film about which he may not be so proud -- "Batman and Robin."
The 1997 movie starring Clooney as the caped crusader with Chris O'Donnell as Robin and Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl came top in an online survey by film magazine Empire to find the most disastrous film ever made. Clooney has not been shy about belittling the film and his role in it.
The magazine said it did not just come top in voters' rankings but got almost three times as many votes as the next entry -- John Travolta's science-fiction "Battlefield Earth" which was a film adaptation of a novel by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.
Here is a list of the top 10 of Empire's list of the 50 most disastrous movies ever made with the rest available on Empire's website (www.empireonline.com):
1. "Batman and Robin" starring George Clooney, Alicia Silverstone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Uma Thurman
2. "Battlefield Earth" (2000) starring John Travolta, Forest Whitaker
3. "The Love Guru" (2008) with Mike Myers
4. "Raise the Titanic" (1980) with Jason Robards, David Selby
5. "Epic Movie" (2007)
6. "Heaven's Gate" (1980)
7. "Sex Lives of the Potato Men" (2004)
8. "The Happening" (2008) with Mark Wahlberg, Zooey Deschanel
9. "Highlander 2: The Quickening" (1991)
10. "The Room" (2003)
Writing by Belinda Goldsmith, Editing by Miral Fahmy