Factbox: Interesting numbers from the Forbes rich list
(Reuters) - Mexican tycoon Carlos Slim is the new richest person in the world, knocking Microsoft founder Bill Gates into second spot, Forbes said on Wednesday
Here are some numbers from the Forbes 2010 ranking of the world's billionaires:
* There are 1,011 billionaires around the world in 2010, up from 793 last year. Of those 89 are women, up from 72 in 2009.
* There were 611 billionaires who increased their wealth in the past year. The fortunes of 62 fell, while 77 stayed even.
* There are 403 billionaires in the United States with a net worth of $1.3 trillion; this is up from 359 in 2009 and a value of $1.1 trillion.
* There are 248 billionaires in Europe with a net worth of $1 trillion, up from 196 billionaires last year with a fortune of $665 billion.
* In the Asia-Pacific region there are 234 billionaires worth $729 billion, compared with 130 billionaires in 2009 valued at $357 billion.
* The Middle East and Africa have 65 billionaires with a fortune of $181 billion, up from 58 last year worth $156 billion.
* The Americas (excluding the United States) accounts for 61 billionaires with a net worth of $304 billion, compared with 50 billionaires last year valued at $175 billion. Continued...